With another year coming to an end, many runners are looking back at what they accomplished in 2016. From our social feeds, we know that races finished, miles logged and PR’s reached are popular “year in review” topics!
While these recaps are fun to see (and secretly compare ourselves to!) we are excited to offer Pod users a lot more. Have you ever wondered how your gait metrics or running frequency stack up to other runners like you around the world?
Check out the all-new HOW DO YOU COMPARE page to find out. Filter by gender, pace group, age group or shoe type to compare yourself on averages based on a million miles of Pod-collected data. This level of detail is not available anywhere else!
You can slice and dice this data numerous ways. Just for fun, here are a few nuggets we found interesting. Stay tuned in the coming days for some learnings and unique insights by our very own Dr. Steve.
YEAR IN REVIEW
MEN – 2016 GLOBAL POD DATA
- Average run: 5.24 miles in 48 minutes (9:22 pace)
- Average run frequency: 2.6 times per week for a total of 13.39 miles
- Age group with the highest average cadence: 70+
- Age group that runs the longest average duration: 65-69 (:58 average run)
- Age group with the the highest % toe strike: 30-34 (25% toe)
- Age group that runs the most times per week, on average: 15-19 (3.8 times)
- Pace group with the longest average distance: 7:30-7:59 (5.75 miles)
WOMEN – 2016 GLOBAL POD DATA
- Average run: 4.77 miles in 49 minutes (10:21 pace)
- Average run frequency: 2.5 times per week for a total of 11.85 miles
- Age group with lowest rate of impact: 70+ (97% low) followed by 25-29 (83% low)
- Age group with the highest Runficiency Score™: 25-29 (77)
- Age group with the highest % toe strike: 60-64 (29% toe)
- Pace group with the highest rate of impact: 7:00-7:29 (17% high)
- Pace group with the longest average run: 7:00-7:29 (5:63 miles)
SHOE TYPE – 2016 GLOBAL POD DATA
Pod shoe categories: minimal, neutral, support, motion control and trail
- Most likely to heel strike: runners in support shoes (72% heel)
- Most likely to mid foot strike: runners in minimal shoes (28% mid)
- Most likely to toe strike: runners in minimal shoes (21% toe)
- Fastest average pace: runners in minimal shoes (10:05 minutes per mile)
- Slowest average pace: runners in trail shoes (10:37 minutes per mile)
- Longest average distance per run: runners in trail shoes (5.31 miles)
- Shortest average distance per run: runners in motion control shoes (4.59 miles)
- Lowest average Runficiency Score™: runners in motion control shoes (70)
- Highest average Runficiency Score™: runners in neutral shoes (74)
Interested in totaling or averaging your personal MilestonePod data for the year? Download your Run Log to excel: Menu > Settings > Export Run Log. The file will be delivered to your email in seconds!