Last Updated: June 28, 2018
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
To track a run using the Services, you’ll need to create an account by providing an email address and password. You can also choose to provide additional information, such as your first and last name, postal code, your date of birth, gender, height, weight, and shoe brand and size so that we can accurately calculate information about your run.
We also collect the information you provide when you make a purchase, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise choose to provide information to us.
Information About Your Workouts
We collect information about your runs when using the Services, such as the mileage accrued, date and time, distance, pace, steps taken, calories burned, cadence, ground contact time, stride length, rate of impact, foot strike, and leg swing.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name and account information, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services, such as to administer your account, store run logs and other activity history, allow you to share your activity with others, measure your progress, and deliver the products and services you request. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Understand trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Provide leaderboards and coaching reports;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected
SHARING OF INFORMATION
If you agree to participate in a coaching service (also known as a “Trainer Report”), your coach can access information about you and your runs, including your name, email address, weekly distance, weekly averages, footstrike and cadence, total miles trained, and shoe model.
We also share information about you in the following circumstances:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Zwift or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Zwift and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
You can change your email address, name, mailing address, and date of birth, and delete sessions and any collected information by logging into your online account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Zwift is based in the United States and we process and store information in the United States. Therefore, we and our service providers transfer your information to, or store or access it in, a jurisdiction that does not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdiction in which we process it.
We do not knowingly collect information from children and we do not target the Services to children. If you believe a child under 13 (in the United States) or 16 (in the EEA) has submitted personal information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our files.
USERS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are in the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- You have provided consent for us to process your personal data.
Data Subject Requests
If you are in the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you can log into your account and edit your profile. Alternatively, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
In the U.S., at 111 West Ocean Blvd. Suite 1800, Long Beach, CA 90802 USA
In the EEA, at 10 Greycoat Place, Suite 501. Premier House London, UK SW19 1SB